Monday 12 August 2013

Prologue


(YAY!!!!!! IT'S FINALLY HERE!!! Sorry to keep you all waiting. Enjoy!)


Lena Shaw looked at Rhydian Saint. Then at Evie Yates. Lena and Evie were two of his closest friends. There was Lily Blake, who he'd known since he was five, but she couldn't make it. It was okay. They'd planned something else, something that would make up for not being here. They were in his Living Room, in his house. Oh my Golden God, Rhydian thought to himself, She's going to say something dirty again...And she did.

"Let's go into town, get wasted, and get busy tonight!!!" She said loudly. Damn. His parents didn't hear. Thank God. Evie and Rhydian laughed. "Why you two laughing? I'm being serious, we need to get pissed, and get in bed with sexy people!" Lena said with a seriousness in her voice.

Rhydian and Evie continued to laugh at their odd friend and looked at her.

"No. We're staying here, and drinking Coke, and then you two can go to your own houses, and sleep alone!" Rhydian said, trying to stop laughing, but failing.

"Damn you"

Evie sighed. It wasn't that funny anymore.

"Why do you have to go?" Evie asked.

"I don't have to go. I want to. It's what's best for me." They didn't know he was a Sorcerer. They were mortal. He wanted to tell them. Lily knew. It seemed unfair. He had known Lily all his life, and he met these people months ago. But they were still close.

"Okay have it your way" Lena said "We'll replace you soon enough. We already have our candidates." She grinned

"You can try to replace me. But admit it...You can't replace this level of insanity" said Rhydian. He smiled and the girls just laughed. They were going to tease him probably and agree with him about the insanity thing

* * *
He stood there, waiting for the coach. Rhydian Saint waited for the coach to take him to Raising Cain Academy. His friend Lily Blake stood next to him. They talked and laughed. They were mainly insulted people they didn't like and laughing about it.

"You gonna miss me?" Rhydian asked.

"Nah. Why on Earth would I miss you?" She smiled at him. Rhydian hated the situation he was in. He was going to have to say goodbye to his friends one day. He couldn't watch them grow old and he'd stay long. Rhydian couldn't do that.

Lily was tall, but was an inch smaller than Rhydian. Her hair was dip dyed. It started off as a beautiful chocolate brown at top and changed to a wonderful blonde lower it got. Brown eyes. Kind eyes. Soft and caring. Fair skin. She was a beautiful person.

"You're so going to miss me" He said. He and Lily saw the coach coming. She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him.

"I'm so going to miss you Rhydian" She said in his ear.

"Don't you dare call me Rhydian. I'm Lewis to you, and always will be. I'm so going to miss you too" He said back to her. They parted and the couch was in front of them. A man came out and walked up to them. He took Rhydian's suitcase of him and rucksack and put them underneath the couch.

"Don't forget me" Lily said with a sad smile.

"I'll call you. Don't get rid of me that easily." He smiled back at her. "Goodbye Lily"

"Goodbye Lewis" He walked onto the couch, walked down the aisle and sat next to the window. He saw her and waved. The couch started to move. It was like a small part of him had died. He left home. He left his friends and family. He sat back into his seat and wondered why he wasn't as happy as he thought he would've been...

(Sorry that it's so short! And I know this isn't one of the good chapters, but they will get better I promise! It's just I wanted to say bye to them and get ready to say hi to other people. Hope you liked it all the same (I bet you didn't) the next chapter won't come out until I have a location for the School. I have one in mind. That's all for now...Bye!)

7 comments:

  1. I AM CLAMORING FOR MORE

    WRITE, DAMMIT

    *cries with joy*

    ReplyDelete
  2. CLAMORING IS NOT THE WORD I MEANT

    JUST WRITE MORE KAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww so sad! I say a Cradle of Magic for location, Ireland or Australia?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is awesome, so far, Rhydian. :)
    The only criticism I can think of is "couch", where I'm assuming you meant "coach".Though, to be fair, I'd be happy to travel to school by couch anyway, I think. :P

    It's good, though! I'll look forward to more. :)

    *cheers*

    #ChaseForBook9

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great start for a story. Awesome, can't wait for more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGG I NEED MOREEEE NOW RHY GO WRITE NOW NOW NOW NOW GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

    ReplyDelete